Topic Less

I have done a little bit of reading on one factor which i think affects our everyday life. ie. the perception factor. Simply the forming of one's perception about the subject. Whether it be about a relationship or merely about gf/bf.

For instance my girl friend might not be calling for a few days or even sending a sms. Worse still, not even returning my calls. There is the despicable situation. Both terrific and troublesome. There are two approaches which we can tackle this one.

1. I can assume she is angry with me for some 'god-knows-only' reason, or do not even want to speak to me, she does not miss me and blah blah..

2. I can be the most understanding guy and think of it in a positive way like.. 'she is busy or something is up and we can talk about when she is ready.' I could give her some time to lessen her worries slightly.

Whatever option we choose, we end up forming a perception accordingly. For example if I chose 1, i may even think of so many bad things about her unnecessarily and unintentionally. I may at one point may be forced to suspect her. Damn!

This is where I am concerned. This is when so called perception forms which ultimately start to govern all our actions and controls our thoughts. At one point our behavior towards that particular something or someone takes a different track.

In a nutshell, what I am saying is just because everything does not happen as your expectancy theory, it does not mean that you should think of it in the most negative way possible. Your attitude determines everything.

Just off the record, one of my friends told me about her this sickness. She had been a sick one all her life. Everyone regarded her as retarded. And she started to believe their spoon-fed theory which put her life into misery. Then something happened. She changed her way of thinking, her perception towards that sickness was altered. I am proud to say that she is doing real great even though one time the doctors gave zero hopes on her life.

So here I am. I think the perception I took on Laa's ignorance was not appropriate. I really have messed it up. I wish she would give me the chance to edit and to relive it. I did make too many blunders and now i regret it all. From tonight onwards, I will change my approach and even stop thinking she is ignoring me. She is just being busy and lets give her some time to cool off.

0 comments: